Hello people!
I think Mei Yi's post really reflected what we felt yesterday at the Sports Heats... It was truly an emotional time for all of us there, regardless of whether we were competing or not. After all, it was our last heats and it was the only chance for us to do our very best to score points for the class.
The first event was Chia Wen's 200m finals, where we saw her true determination and spirit as she sprinted down the half of the track. Perhaps screaming her name did not really help her run faster or anything like that, that was probably the only way we could provide some moral encouragement, haha.
The next event was the 1500m, where Sarah and I participated in. Sarah, in all class-spiritedness, wanted to run next to me throughout the entire race, but by the final round, I proved too weak to keep up with her lightning pace, and she got a great position for our class (and I got a not-so-great position lah, of course). From yesterday somewhere at the back of my mind it occured to me that if I had run that LITTLE BIT faster, I might have kicked Christina Chew's ass (yes, I lost to her, but I don't deny she runs damn fast man), and gotten a more respectable placing; but on hindsight I realised that it was close to impossible that I could beat her.
Throughout the race I was running so much faster than I usually trained, and at the end when I saw Christina's bright green shorts I really tried hard to catch up, but by the last 10 metres I knew I did not have the strength to carry on. I might have been disappointed, but the rest of the people in our class quickly lightened my spirits when they said I looked shite (thanks, man, I'm taking it as a compliment). At least they knew I had tried my best, and 4GY wouldn't blame me for letting them down, because I didn't. And I gained a personal victory when I saw that I beat my personal best timing by quite a margin. Hearing the whole class encouraging me everytime I passed them, I felt motivated to take that one more step, hold on through that gruelling round, even though I wanted them to shut the hell up lah.
The 4x400 was a display of great teamwork and motivation by all the runners. I think ALL of them pushed themselves to the limit, and whenever we overtook anyone, it just made us see how every single one of them had worked really hard and they looked shite too when they finished (that's a compliment.)
What made me really happy was when all the members of our class came together at the end of the day and we did this gigantic "4GY, WOOSH!" in front of all the small little other-class people in the stadium. We didn't care about being embarrassed in front of the teachers, the impatient footballers, or being called "extra" by all the other envious people from other classes, or getting stared at by some jogging cheekopek. It was pure passion in that "woosh" that we couldn't have cared less about what some outsider might think, say or gossip. To think that 17 people would have made the stadium shake, what more 34 of us.
I think everyone present can agree that it was a very good day, despite anything that had brought us down earlier that day (ahem, we know who...). It was one of the days I had never experienced in a while, where I felt truly inspired for I had seen the 4GY spirit in one of its most outstanding appearances ever. I'm sure we can keep it going, come on! We can do it.
LL
Bid me crew avast! Keep yer banner high
Classed, forever a class :)
Class of our own
Wind be at yer backs, sails never slackin'
All hands on deck!
What shall we do with these drunken sailors?
Walk the plank? Stand and hold! Parley!
I say, YOHOHO and another bottle of rum
beverly
Black Pearl, White Pearl, Grey or Green...
i say G-E-N-E-ROSITY
calista*
shan squared
jiayun
patricia*
lichoo
lishaan
meiyi
chiawen
vanessa
jean
jasmine
jessica*
katherine*
alyssa*
kelly*
alina*
qian
lorraine
marcia*
megan*
melissa*
natascha*
xiang ling*
sarah
lesley
luang poh
cherie
samantha*
janice*
majella*
joan*
rachel
huijia*
WHO CARES SO LONG AS IT AIN'T THE TITANIC?
if yer port of callin' aint listed, deck it!
standing as one with tenacity
PIECES OF EIGHT, CAPT'N!
PIECES OF EIGHT!
DO YE KNOW WHERE YER PARROT IS?
Anyway, me point is
the body of it be full of heart warming stories
[ x ] February 2006
[ x ] March 2006
[ x ] April 2006
[ x ] May 2006
[ x ] June 2006
[ x ] July 2006
[ x ] August 2006
[ x ] September 2006
[ x ] October 2006
[ x ] November 2006
[ x ] December 2006
[ x ] January 2007
[ x ] February 2007
[ x ] March 2007
[ x ] April 2007
[ x ] May 2007
[ x ] November 2007
[ x ] July 2008
[ x ] August 2008
[ x ] September 2008
[ x ] December 2008
[ x ] February 2009
[ x ] May 2009
[ x ] July 2009
[ x ] September 2009
[ x ] October 2009